Apr 4, 2011

Keeping Faith

First there were three: Faith, Hope and Love.


Then, there were two: Hope and Love.


Well, what happened, you may ask. The fact is that I lost Faith. In a split second, as I was washing the pendants under running water in my bathroom sink, Faith slipped away, and dropped swiftly out of sight into a watery maze of pipes.

There was a moment of stunned silence, then peace. I thought I would be upset. Well, I was, but I was surprised that I was not more upset. After all, one third of my favourite trilogy of pendants was gone, and I had been wearing them together very often, since I got them as a birthday present to myself about two years ago. I had grown used to tugging at the three pendants hanging from the silver chain hanging around my neck.

But now, there are two remaining. I could have been more upset, and disappointed that my fingers had let slip Faith.

But I knew that it was only the silver pendant, an outward manifestation, a reminder of my faith.

True faith remains - in my heart, mind and soul. In my Lord and God. Amen!

Hebrews 11:1 (King James Version)

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.


Shop Christian Jewelry from DaySpring

No comments:

Post a Comment