Apr 14, 2011

Sitting at Jesus' Feet

In Luke 10:42, we learn that "but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."


So often, we behave like Martha, rushing here and there in the busyness of the day, forgetting that Christ just wants us to sit at His feet and draw from Him, just like what Mary did. If only we can quieten ourselves to be still before Him and seek first His righteousness, all [these] things shall be added to us also, minus the stressful scurrying around.


I have to remind myself to sit at His feet. Very often, I worry about things - how things will turn out, what plans I need to put in place, what I need to conjecture, to manoeuvre, but I realise that I do not have the deep insights into things and His full wisdom. I can only trust in HIM to put all things together in the best way possible for me, in ways that only He can.


All that takes trust, and I admit that trusting completely in Him is not always easy. Sometimes, I tell Him, I trust you completely, but at the back of my mind, there's always that fear that things may not turn out the way I want them to. It takes courage and yes, trust, to be able to trust Him to lead me in the way I should go, and I am encouraged by the verse in Isaiah 48:17:


Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you to profit, Who leads you in the way you should go."


I would like to share three things that we should do today, from Roy Lessin, to establish us at the feet of Christ.


Three things to believe today



…know Me, believe Me and remain steadfast to Me, and understand that I am He. Isaiah 43:10 AMP
1. Believe what Jesus has said. You cannot know what Jesus has said without knowing the Scriptures. His words are there for you to hear, to believe, to receive, and to obey. His words are true words, good words, living words, whole words, righteous words.
 Confess: I believe Jesus’ words, they are the foundation of my life.
2. Believe what God can do. Do not place any limits upon God. There is nothing too hard for the Lord, and with God nothing shall be impossible. Believe your life is in His hands and He is taking care of you.
Confess: I believe there is no limit to what God can do and I place no limits on His working in my life.
3. Believe the Holy Spirit’s leading. The Holy Spirit is in you and will guide you into all truth. He will reveal to you what you need to know, where you need to be, and when you need to do what He is directing you to do. Don’t lean upon your own understanding, but upon the Holy Spirit’s guiding. You can always trust His guidance because He always knows what He is doing.
Confess: I believe the Holy Spirit is leading me in the right path and without mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment